A feline loving, 7-year-old recently asked us: “why are cats always so calm?” What a great question we thought. This simple thought led us to ponder even further why cats, in many instances, appear quite calm. We delved a little bit deeper and observed some calm cats to see what keeps these little fur balls so cool and collected. Keep reading to see what we found out.
What keeps a cat calm?
- A loving home – A loving home is safe and secure and a place where a cat does not feel threatened. Within a loving home a cat will receive plenty of attention and or course, lots of love.
- A stimulating environment – A stimulating environment consists of plenty of playtime with fun cat toys such as little catnip balls or laser pointer. Cats also enjoy observing the world around them – so a nice window seat or high-up perch where Fluffy can relax will keep kitty mentally active and thus calm and happy.
- A nutritious diet – By feeding kitty a nutritious diet you can help your feline ball of love maintain good health. And a healthy cat is a much calmer cat.
- A cat buddy – Cats can do pretty well by themselves but if you work or are not home all the time cats can certainly benefit from having a cat pal they can play and socialize with from time to time.
- A dog buddy – Many cats generally do good with dogs, so if a second cat is not in the cards for your home, you may consider a friend of the canine variety to share your kitty’s space with.
- Regular veterinary check–ups – Another great way to keep your cat calm is by making sure she is healthy. Seeing the vet at least once a year for routine vaccinations and a thorough check-up will ensure that your favorite feline has a clean bill of health.